Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Circle Automotive Inc in Monmouth Junction
General Auto Repair Services
Auto AC & Heating Services
I was involved in an accident, and Circle Automotive was called in to tow and store my vehicle. For 2 months I have been back and forth with 3 different insurance companies and Circle Automotive has been a GOD SEND. They have been amazingly helpful and patient - not only offering guidance but also HELPING me get the insurance companies to move. I really cannot say enough and will DEFINITELY be using them as my repair shop once I'm back behind the wheel! THANK YOU SO MUCH CIRCLE AUTOMOTIVE!
I wish I could give a MILLION STARS. Police called for a tow. I was rescued by the owner of CIRCLE AUTOMOTIVE during the storm of 1/23/16 At 1AM off of Route 1. Not only was I rescued, He was GOD SENT, HONEST AND KIND considering the weather. I wasn't ripped off. The owner and his employees took GREAT care of me and more importantly, my Madza RX8. I pray never to have to be rescued again, but if I have to I will call them. I recommend anyone who is in need to call them too. MANY, MANY THANKS!